Oenobareus

From the Greek meaning 'heavy with wine'
A blog devoted to science and reason
Written after a glass or two of Pinot Noir.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Poetry

Every once in awhile, students will show their appreciation by giving me a present.  I discourage this; a thank you is more than sufficient, and even this I don't expect.  

But as I wrote, every once in awhile someone will give me a souvenir bat (St. Louis Cardinals even though I grew up a Cubs fan), some small forks from Cambodia, a decorative vase, a Galilean thermometer, and even a fossil fish.  You can see these displayed in my office.  

Last week, I received my first poem.  The author is Selene Ramirez.

2 comments:

  1. ashley haworth-robertsSeptember 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM

    I am assuming that your failure to acknowledge my recent comment under your blog post of 25 August (I've also emailed you) is deliberate?

    Mr Ashley H-R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley Haworth-RobertsOctober 3, 2012 at 12:02 PM

    Vann Priest

    You flagged this (now deleted) YEC blog post on Facebook recently:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3AkZSsC6zQgDoJ%3Awww.piltdownsuperman.com%2F2012%2F09%2Fstalkers-and-miscellaneous.html+stormbringer+stalkers+miscellaneous&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari
    You apparently wrote: "A post from Saturday, Sept. 29 from the Stormbringer (ooo, is that thunder I hear?) Mysteriously, he deleted the post quickly."
    There was a short ensuing discussion. (I don't post on Facebook myself.)

    I think Mr Sorensen deleted his post because I flagged it here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2JHL2JBSWOD70/ref=cm_cd_pg_oldest?ie=UTF8&asin=0890516812&cdForum=Fx3T9H3RUVPKH0E&cdPage=1&cdSort=newest&cdThread=Tx2RXL1B0HY8GHF&store=books#wasThisHelpful

    Mr Sorensen was talking about me, not you! He DID post about both of us on 9 September: http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/2012/09/bill-nye-fallout-and-debate-challenge_9.html

    I HAVE ALREADY COMMENTED ABOVE ABOUT COWBOY BOB, AND I HAVE COPIED YOU IN ON NUMEROUS EMAILS. YOU HAVE NOT RESPONDED. DOES THIS MEAN THAT YOU DON'T READ YOUR EMAILS NOR COMMENTS MADE UNDER YOUR BLOG POSTS?

    I saw your post when it was flagged on Facebook by 'Questioning the Question Evolution Project'. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Question-the-Question-Evolution-Project/514985451851831

    I'm flagging this by email in the hope that you will read it.

    Ashley Haworth-Roberts

    ReplyDelete